We represent several large health care systems and physician groups in the North Texas region in their various operational and litigation matters, including health care liability claims, commercial litigation, insurance and third party payor contracting disputes, joint venture litigation, contracting, and vendor issues.
Our attorneys provide comprehensive representation to hospitals, healthcare professionals, health systems, physician and physician practice groups, medical clinics, long-term care providers, pharmacies, and managed care organizations. Our healthcare law services include the following:
- Representing healthcare providers in civil litigation of all types
- Assisting healthcare providers in responding to subpoenas from courts or administrative agencies
- Appearing before government agencies on compliance issues regarding healthcare clients from representing individuals to large healthcare systems
- Contract matters, including but not limited to vendor disputes, recruitment agreements, and employment agreements
- Defense of healthcare professionals, including physicians, hospitals, nurses, long term care facility owners, contractors and providers, and other healthcare professionals in litigation involving negligence, deceptive trade practices, wrongful death, violation of resident rights through the processes of mediation, settlement, and trial
- Employment litigation, including regulatory issues or audits before Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division, OSHA Act, EEOC or State Unemployment Security Commission or wrongful discharge or discrimination actions in state and federal court.
- False Claims Act/reimbursement matters
- Representing hospitals and/or healthcare providers in anti-trust and discrimination claims arising from termination of medical staff privileges
- Representing healthcare providers in agency appeal of survey deficiencies, civil monetary penalties, overpayment assessments, and abuse allegations
- Representing payors and providers in arbitration regarding payment under HMO plan(s)
- Representing pharmacy network administrators regarding recoupment by pharmacy benefits managers
- Representation of physicians, dentists, nurses, long-term care administrators, pharmacy, and other healthcare professionals in licensure board proceedings