Jennifer is a partner with the firm. Her primary areas of practice are government liability law, labor and employment law, commercial litigation, and appellate law.
Jennifer is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Oklahoma Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. She is a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and the Tarrant County Bar Foundation. She is also a past Member of the Eldon B. Mahon Chapter, American Inns of Court, the W. Lee Johnson Chapter, American Inns of Court and the Council Oak Chapter, American Inns of Court. Jennifer was also active in the Fort Worth-Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, where she served as President (2001), President-Elect, (2000), Vice President, (2000), Secretary, (1999), Treasurer, (1999) and Director (1998). She has also served as a Director for the Texas Young Lawyers Association (2001-2002).
Jennifer received her undergraduate degree in Law and Society and Political Science from the University of Tulsa, where she served as the Student Body President. She was also a member of Omicron Delta Kappa and Mortar Board. Jennifer received her law degree, with honors, from the University of Tulsa School of Law. While in law school, Jennifer was a member of Phi Delta Phi and served as the Research Editor for Notes and Comments on the Tulsa Law Journal.
Throughout her legal career, Jennifer has received a number of professional honors including being named Outstanding Young Lawyer of Fort Worth and Tarrant County in 2005 by the Fort Worth-Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association. She also has served on the Lily B. Clayton Elementary PTA board since 2009, including in the role of President in 2014-2015, and she served as a Director of the Easter Seals of North Texas from 2011-2013.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1996
- Tulsa Law Journal - Research Editor, Notes and Comments
- “American Jurisprudence” Awards: Agency & Partnership, Commercial Law I, Comparative Corporate Law, Decedents’ Estates and Trusts, Pre-Trial Practice
- Dean’s Honor Roll (Spring, 1995; Spring, 1996)
- Faculty Honor Roll (Fall, 1995)
- Teaching Assistant for Legal Research Program (June, 1994 - December, 1994)
- American Inns of Court - Council Oak Chapter (1995)
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Fraternity
- Who’s Who: American Law Students
- Summer Study Abroad: Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia (1994) (including internship with Slovak attorneys)
- University of Tulsa, B.A., 1993
- TU Student Association (student body) President, 1992-93
- TU Board of Trustees Student Representative, 1992-93
- Chi Omega Sorority - Rush Chairman, 1992
- Mortar Board National Senior Honor Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society
- Pi Sigma Alpha Political Honor Fraternity
- Jess Choteau Top Twenty Senior
- TU Panhellenic 1992-93 Outstanding Senior Award
Speeches and Publications
- Groce v. Foster: Expansion of Oklahoma’s Public Policy Exception to the Employment-At-Will Doctrine, 30 Tulsa Law Journal 525 (1995).
- Medicare, Medicaid, and SSI – A General Guide (Texas Young Lawyers Association and State Bar of Texas, 2002).